|Use this page to maintain syllabus information, learning objectives, required materials, and technical requirements for the course.
|ART 115_H - Basic Design: Fundamentals-Honors
Learning Objectives: Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
1. Create and analyze 2D design projects that demonstrate knowledge of two-dimensional theory and practice and reveal personal aesthetic and/or conceptual decision-making
2. Demonstrate use of, and analyze personal aesthetic choices in the creation of 2D projects and relate design projects to the greater context of specific art historical and/or contemporary art issues
3. Identify and demonstrate use of 2D design elements, including lines, shape, form value, pattern, positive and negative space, and 2D organizational elements, including unify, balance, movement, rhythm, focal point, etc.
4. Demonstrate the ability to discuss 2D design images, projects and art historical images in a constructive and analytical fashion in relation to specific 2D objectives and media forms
5. Demonstrate aesthetic and conceptual understanding of assigned 2D design content, objectives, materials, and technical concepts
6. Develop and demonstrate the ability to work with preconceived thematic ideas in an organized visual fashion
7. Demonstrate individual visual aesthetic and/or conceptual choices in 2D design projects to develop personal expression
8. Demonstrate and understand 2D design issues in relationship to other 2D/3D disciplines, including painting, printmaking and other media
|Return to Previous