|Use this page to maintain syllabus information, learning objectives, required materials, and technical requirements for the course.|
|CS 179 - Introduction to Computer Networks|
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Explain network technologies
2. Explain how devices access local and remote network resources.
3. Describe router hardware.
4. Explain how switching operates in a small to medium-sized business network.
5. Design an IP addressing scheme to provide network connectivity for a small to medium-sized business network.
6. Configure initial settings on a network device.
7. Implement basic network connectivity between devices.
8. Configure monitoring tools available for small to medium-sized business networks.
|Return to Previous||New Search|